Monday, August 1, 2011

Elevate Student Ministry Preliminary Work


Here are some quick sketches for a logo I'm currently working on for another local youth group. The group's name is "Elevate." I'm trying to work out concepts now but I keep coming back to mountain imagery. The group's leaders focus on teaching youth to "rise above the enticements of this world." I guess that's where the mountain theme I keep coming back to comes from. A verse from the Bible, which also fits in line with the mountain imagery I keep coming back to is Mathew 7: 13-14: "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." That verse reminds me of a mountain and how it is wide at the bottom and narrow at the top which fits perfectly in line with the youth group's teaching. Another thought I had is about how difficult the climb up a mountain can be but the verse from Philippians 4:13: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me," shows us that we don't have to be alone on the climb. Trying to work all this into the logo. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment