Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Against the Odds: Process Work


I took my original sketch into illustrator and created letter forms based off my initial thought process.  I normally start with an existing font and alter it fit my design but in this case, I just started from scratch.  The lighter shade of grey in the upper left under my sketch is the first version.  The versions progress along in order from light to dark.  If that makes sense. 

In about the 4th version, I switched gears a bit with the details of the logo type.  I originally intended for the type to have tiny serifs on the "backside" of each letter form to lead the eye from one letter to the next but after spending some time really studying the overall design, I decided to lose them.  I decided that a sans serif look was better suited to this design.  I did add rounded corners on certain points of each letter form in the place of the serifs for more detailing.

The last design is not the final version but is much more in line with what I had envisioned for this design.  So far so good I guess.  I'll post the next steps soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment