Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Against the Odds: Standard Layout

Here is what I'll calling the "standard" layout for the Against the Odds logo I'm currently working on.  The client really wanted to have a version that had some sort of dirty or grungy texture applied to it.  The bottom version is that. 

I played around with a bunch of custom made textures.  The first texture really eroded the logo to the point that I thought it was too distracting.  I eventually went back to the pencil shading texture I did for the sketches and turned it into a vector texture.  Then I just made a clipping mask with each letter and a copy of the texture.  I normally like a lot of texture but in this case, I think less is more.

 The logo is basically complete, I just need to finalize some color options for the client to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment